Congratulations to the following UTPA Master’s degree students! Last fall they enrolled in READ 6310 Children’s and Adolescent Literature. As part of the course, they examined multicultural and global literature. This culminated in a critical review of one children’s/YA text for possible publication in WOW Review: Reading Across Cultures. This is one of the online journals of Worlds of Words, an organization dedicated to connecting children with books in ways that promote intercultural understandings.
The latest issue (v.3, n.3) includes reviews by:
- Melissa Canales and Cecilia Solis from the Reading M.Ed. program. They reviewed the book Family Pictures/Cuadros de familia by Carmen Lomas Garza.
- Margaret Grabowski from the Bilingual M.Ed. program with a Reading specialization. She reviewed the book Dancing with Dziadziu by Susan Campbell Bartoletti.
- Lileana Rios from the Bilingual M.Ed. program with a Reading specialization. She reviewed the book My Land Sings: Stories from the Rio Grande by Rudolfo Anaya.
- Lisa Castro-Salinas and Jessica Guerra-Salinas from the Early Childhood M.Ed. program. They reviewed My Nana’s Remedies/Los remedios de mi nana by Roni Capin Rivera-Ashford.
- Clarissa Arteaga and Zaida Cendejas-Omari from the Early Childhood M.Ed. program. They reviewed What Can You Do with a Rebozo?/Que puedes hacer con un rebozo? by Carmen Tafolla.